Selling Your Home? Make Sure It Is Cleaned To Highest Standard
12th June 2020
12th June 2020
If you plan on selling your home now the housing market has re-opened, you need to adapt to a changed environment. It has always been important to clean a house before placing it fort sale, but now, ensuring you have a hygienic home is paramount.
It is important to follow official guidelines, and there is official Public Health England information to follow regarding cleanliness.
Public Health England information states; “Transmission of Covid-19 is most likely to happen from having close contact with a symptomatic person ie being within two metres of them for over 15 minutes. However, it is also possible to become infected by touching surfaces or objects that have been contaminated with respiratory secretions from an infected person and then touching your own mouth, nose or eyes.”
The information also states; “Under most circumstances, the amount of infectious virus on any contaminated surfaces is likely to have decreased significantly by 24 hours but regularly cleaning frequently touched surfaces will help reduce the risk of infection.”
In other circumstances, many people turn to cleaning companies to deep clean their property. However, many homeowners are not comfortable allowing other people into their home, even if they were cleaning the house.
Therefore, you should be prepared to clean your home to a high standard. If you are looking for alternatives to commercially available cleaning products, the following list is of interest:
· Baking soda
· Distilled white vinegar
· Liquid dish soap
Bleach is also a useful product to have access to, but you must be careful with it. Lisa Ackerley, The Hygiene Doctor spoke about the benefits of using bleach, saying; “Many people only use it neat down the drains or in the toilet, but it is an excellent surface disinfectant when diluted, and before steam cleaning, was used for disinfecting babies’ bottles. You don’t want to splash it around on the carpet and other soft furnishings, use it only according to the instructions on the bottle.”
Lynsey Crombie, star of Channel 4’s Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners and the cleaning guru on ITV’s This Morning, provided the following tips for Glamour Magazine:
· Wipe over your bag and better still try not to even take a bag out with you at this
· Wash your coats them more often than normal alternatively another great option is to use a garment steam on your clothes as this will kill germs, bacteria and viruses
· If you have long hair keep it tied up when out and about
· Hang you coat straight away do not be tempted to chuck your coat over the sofa. Viruses can live on your outerwear so it's very important you stick to this rule
· Do not be tempted to keep your shoes on, shoes don't just pick up dirt when you are out and about, but they also have the potential to introduce germs to your home
We know a lot of people are looking for guidance and assistance right now. If we can be of any assistance, we will. Therefore, if you have any housing market questions, please contact Merrys today, and we will be happy to help.